News: The Society's new website, esah1852.org.uk has been launched. Changes will be made to this blog over the coming weeks to improve user experience.

Thursday, 21 February 2013

Transactions Contents: 'Series 3' Volume 29

Essex Archaeology and History: Volume 29 (1998)
Transactions of the Essex Society for Archaeology and History (Out of stock)

Contents:
‘All’s well that ends well’: a Late Bronze Age hoard from Vange:  N Brown
Prehistoric and Romano-British activity at Stifford Clays Road, Grays: excavations at the William Edwards School 1997:  N J Lavender
A Late Iron Age and Roman site at Shillingstone Field, Great Sampford:  Adam Garwood
A Saxon building at Chadwell St Mary: excavations at Chadwell St Mary County Primary School 1996:  N J Lavender
Holy Trinity Church, Bradwell-juxta-Coggeshall: a survey of the fabric and appraisal of the Norman brickwork:  Warwick Rodwell
Peasants in Essex c.1200 – c.1340: the influence of landscape and lordship:  Jennifer C Ward
Late Medieval building remains at Saffron Walden: excavations to the rear of 33-35 High Street, Saffron Walden:  R Clarke
The uncovering and conservation of the medieval wall paintings at St James the Less, Little Tey:  Tobit Curteis
The life and times of a rural schoolmaster: Richard Stokes of Ongar Academy:  I L Williams
A revised bibliography of the publications of J H Round:  W R Powell  (available separately as an offprint)
Work of the Essex County Council Archaeology Section, 1997:  A Bennett (ed.)
Archaeology in Essex 1997:  A Bennett (ed.)
Historic Buildings Notes and Surveys 1997: D D Andrews (ed.)
Church Miscellany 1997: D D Andrews (ed.)
Shorter Notes:
A Lower Palaeolithic hand axe from Aveley:  Hazel Martingell
Late Iron Age and Roman occupation at Kirkee McMunn barracks, Colchester: D Shimmin
Survey of Plumberow Mount:  Ellen Heppel
Early Saxon finds from Chesterford:  Susan Tyler
Inter-tidal stationary fishing structures:  D Strachan
A group of metal finds from Vange:  H Major
Changing joints in spires:  Cecil Hewett
Further archaeological evidence for the late medieval cutlery industry in Thaxted: excavations at the rear of 34 Town Street:  Mark Germany & Alex Wade
Medieval occupation at Sturmer: excavations adjacent to the Sturmer barrow:  Catherine Abbott
The Essex place-names project: second interim:  James Kemble
Book Reviews
Essex Bibliography


No comments: