News: Now available. Proceedings of the Chelmsford Conference £15. A review of recent archaeology in Essex. Our Annual Report 2014 may be viewed online. Members of the Essex Society for Archaeology and History may subscribe to digital downloads of our back catalogue of publications. Use Contact Form for more information.

Thursday, 14 February 2013

Transactions Contents: 'Series 3' Volume 20

Essex Archaeology and History: Volume 20 (1989)
Transactions of the Essex Society for Archaeology and History

Contents:
A Roman rural site at Rayne, Essex: excavations 1987:  M D Smoothy
A valiant constable of Colchester Castle AD 1155:  C L Sinclair Williams
The textile industry in the late 12th and 13th century Essex: a study based on occupational names in charter sources:  Michael Gervers
An Essex Dunwich: the lost church of Little Holland Hall:  David Andrews & Howard Brooks
The hospital of St Leonard’s at Newport:  David Andrews & Bernard Nurse
Early brick chimney stacks:  D F Stenning
Wealden houses and urban topography at the lower end of Maldon High Street: David Andrews & D F Stenning
A late medieval cutlery manufacturing site at Weaverhead Lane, Thaxted:  David Andrews
Ashmans, Woodham Walter: a post-medieval house and its setting:  P M Ryan, M R Eddy & P J Gilman
The Witham hoard of 17th century tokens and George Robinson the issuer:  R H Thompson & Janet Gyford
Antiquarians in conflict: Philip Morant versus Richard Gough: W Raymond Powell
The work of the Essex County Council Archaeology Section 1988:  A Bennett & P J Gilman (eds.)
Excavations in Essex 1988:  P J Gilman (ed.)
Archaeological Notes:
Red Hills and New Hall Farm, Little Wigborough:  M R Eddy
Woodham Walter:  C R Wallace
Moulded stone from Little Coggeshall Abbey:  Stuart Rose
A post-medieval folding-knife from Metropolitan Essex:  David Gainster
Addendum to Volume 19:  Shirley Durgan
Book reviews:
Bibliography of Essex archaeology and history 1987-88:  P Hills, A Phillips & P R Sealey (compilers)


No comments: