Essex Society for Archaeology and History
This class of books and papers do not relate directly to the history of the Society but have been deposited by members or their beneficiaries. The index is being made publicly available for the first time. We welcome enquiries from members of the Society.
CFD Sperling. Pedigrees etc by Chas Partridge (1927)
Letter from C. Partridge to CFD Sperling, dated 15.11.1927, “It’s a real pleasure … to try to answer these queries. Felton. Great Cornard Tomb. Great Thurlow brass. Dr Barrington Blomfield”.
1. Burgus de Sudbury
2. Rob Alfounder of Dedham, d.1630
3. Brass in Great Thurlow Church, to Thomas Underell esq & Anne his wife, 11 Feb 1508
4. Edward Mann of Ipswich esq., bapt. 1590/1, bur. 1670/1
5. Marriages wanted by C Partridge
6. John Salmon of Broxted, will pr. 1632
7. John Ansell of Hadstock, bur. 1626
8. Davie of Steeple Bumpstead
9. Rubbing: Beauchamp of Bletsoe, Willingale Doe
10. Rubbing (faded): Dorothy Brewster, 27 June 1613. Willingale Doe