Lead officers of the Essex Society for Archaeology and History have been very busy over recent weeks with several projects to bring to wider attention the history and archaeology of the county. Within the past fortnight the following things have happened:
- formal proceedings to dissolve Essex Congress are now complete with the work previously undertaken being absorbed into the Essex Society for Archaeology and History
- groups and societies once belonging to Congress have been invited to join the Society
- a fourth Newsletter has been sent to all members, including all former Congress members
- our new website is being tested with a plan to launch the first of three phases in mid November
- items recently placed on permanent loan at the Essex Record Office have been assigned an accession number
- plans are in progress to place our older back catalogue of Transactions online to allow the public to learn more about Essex's history and archaeology
There is no better time to join us.