News: Now available. Proceedings of the Chelmsford Conference £15. A review of recent archaeology in Essex. Our Annual Report 2014 may be viewed online. Members of the Essex Society for Archaeology and History may subscribe to digital downloads of our back catalogue of publications. Use Contact Form for more information.
Sunday, 14 June 2015
Essex Society for Archaeology and History. Newsletter. Spring 2015
The thrice yearly 24-page Newsletter has just been issued to Members and is full of interesting articles.
- From the Editor. Includes mention of the Medieval Lawyer occasional paper which all members should have received by post
- Our British Heritage. Discusses Essex's pre-Roman British names.
- The Landscape of the Dengie Peninsula
- Holland Haven Project
- Davy Down and North Stifford. Visit of ESAH. Item published on this blog
- Sea Coal
- Islands of the Blackwater
- Harlow Roman Temple Digitisation Project awarded £500 ESAH Grant
- Home Front Legacy 1914-1918 Project
- World War II Heritage Project
- The Society Archives: Parish Registers. Item published on this blog
- Digitisation Project The Society's work to digitise all of its previous publications and place online
- Tony Wilkinson, archaeologist. A tribute
- Book Review. The New English Landscape by Jason Orton and Ken Worpole. Item published on this blog
- ESAH Archives Open Days. 3 October & 7 November 2015. Item published on this blog.