Members will have received the Summer 2020 edition of the Newsletter (NL191) over the past few days. It gives information regarding the proposed restart of activities, effective from September 2020. The Annual General Meeting has been moved to Saturday 17 October to be held at the Albert Sloman Library at the University of Essex.
The Newsletter is now being compiled and edited by Adrian Corder-Birch. The Society has plans to phase out the Newsletter as it takes on the Essex Journal for 2021. Members will, in future, be contacted by email. There is also notice of a change in management of the Society's website.
Items in this edition of the Newsletter include
- Essex Journal
- British Association of Local History Award for ESAH Newsletter
- Welcome to New Members
- Hugh Peskett (1932-2020)
- Back to the Future. The impact of science across Essex
- The Essex Place-Names Project
- Early Falconry
- Audley End seen by a Yorkshire Antiquary
- Little Leighs Estate Map of 1735
- Eastern Counties Coal Boring & Development Association Ltd
- Harwich Harbour
- Duels: the responsibilities of attending medical men
- Gestingthorpe Choir
- Essex's Palenque or Stonehenge?
- Essex seen from elsewhere
- A brownfield nature reserve at Canvey Wick