.

Saturday 10 September 2016

Environmental Planning Advice: Rt. Hon. Priti Patel MP replies


THE RT. HON. PRITI PATEL MP WITHAM 
HOUSE OF COMMONS LONDON SW1A OAA 
Tel: 020 7219 3528 E-mail: withammp@parliament.uk Website: vvww.pritipatelmp.com 

Mr Adrian Corder-Birch D.L. 
President of The Essex Society for Archaeology & History 
Halstead 

Our Ref: ZA41906 
1 September 2016 

Dear Mr Corder-Birch, 
Thank you for your recent email to my office, regarding The Neighbourhood Planning and Infrastructure Bill announced in this years Queen Speech. 

I have noted your comments with interest and am supportive of the necessity for the finite areas of our nations cultural and historical to be suitably protected for the enjoyment of future generations, whilst safeguarding those areas which have not yet been thoroughly excavated and the possible discoveries such sites entail. 

Whilst I appreciate your current anxieties, I can assure you that the conditions you have noted as well as others included in the Bill are not in place to permit the disregarding of considerations for archaeological presence or historical significance to sites earmarked for future planning and development. As with any matter of planning, consultation procedures will continue to be fully carried out and the chance to raise any opposition, including on the aforementioned grounds, will always be given. 

I trust that this information will go some way to allaying your concerns in this matter. I would greatly appreciate if you could inform me of the proportion of members of the Society who reside in my constituency of Witham, so that I can further make them aware of this issue directly. Thank you again for taking the time to bring these concerns to my attention. 

Yours sincerely, 

Rt Hon Priti Patel MP Member of Parliament for Witham 
Putting the Witham Constituency, Essex and Britain first. 


No comments: