News: Now available. Proceedings of the Chelmsford Conference £15. A review of recent archaeology in Essex. Our Annual Report 2014 may be viewed online. Members of the Essex Society for Archaeology and History may subscribe to digital downloads of our back catalogue of publications. Use Contact Form for more information.

Saturday, 10 September 2016

Environmental Planning Advice: Douglas Carswell MP replies


Douglas Carswell MP 
Member of Parliament for Clacton 
House of Commons, 
London, SW1A OAA 

Adrian Corder-Birch 
Halstead 

31 August 2016 

Dear Adrian 

Thank you very much indeed for writing to me. I agree with you. I do think that there should be an onus on local plans to allow archaeological excavation work to be undertaken. 

I recognise that developers might not like it, because they will see it as an obstacle. However, I do think that you have a powerful point, and I agree with you. 

Warm regards, 

Douglas Carswell MP Member of Parliament for Clacton 

No comments: