In Castle Park Colchester, between the Museum and Hollytrees is a work of art by gardeners.
‘95 years ago a Mark IV tank from the First World War was displayed on the far side of the castle.
‘It remained there until 1934, when it was “sold to a local scrap dealer for £7 10s.”
‘This half size model has been commissioned in memory of all those who lost their lives in The Great War.
|War Memorial outside Castle Park|
‘It is made out of a metal frame filled with compost and is planted with 14,000 individual Alternantera plants.’