.

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Essex Society for Archaeology and History: Latest News on Covid-19. Closure of Albert Sloman Library


This is to let you know that, sadly, the Albert Sloman Library at the University of Essex which houses the Society's collection of books will be closed to users from today, Tuesday 17 March, until further notice. This decision has been taken as a consequence of the seriousness of current coronavirus/Covid-19 pandemic.

I would be obliged if you could let ESAH members know that access to the Society’s library will not be possible until the Covid-19 crisis has abated. I will let you know just as soon as I can of the proposed reopening date for the Library.

Please note that during the closure period I will be visiting the Library occasionally, working from home, and generally keeping up-to-date with my emails. So, if an ESAH member has a particularly pressing need to access a book or journal from the Library, I will do my best to facilitate this.

Apologies for having to be the bearer of this unfortunate news.

Regards,

Nigel Cochrane

No comments: