Four local historians, many of them members of the Essex Society for Archaeology and History, will be giving a series of lectures at Great Braxted Church on 31 October 2015.
All Saints' Church, Great Braxted, Essex.
900 years of Architecture.
Saturday 31st October 2015
9.45am start to 3.30pm finish At the church
An interesting day of five illustrated lectures exploring the church and its history. The following subjects will be covered.
1. Materials used in the building. Dr David Andrews
2. From tree to church - timber conversion. Elphin Watkin
3. Dating timber constructions. Dr Martin Bridge
4. The development of the building. Dr David Andrews
5. The work of the Revd Ernest Geldart. Dr James Bettley.
Each lecture will be about 45 minutes in duration.
A snack lunch will be provided. Admission is free but donations will be invited on the day for the support of the church.
This day will be of interest to members of this and other churches, those interested in church architecture and historic buildings in general as all the lecturers are specialists in their chosen fields.
To help us cater for numbers please book your place by contacting: Ken Hornett on hornettk [at] hotmail.com or Mike Puttick on michaelputtick [at] btinternet.com