Essex Record Office has informed by Chelmsford City Council that it will be closing their Wharf Road surface car park on Saturday 27 May 2017. This is the car park adjacent to the Essex Record Office.
The site has been sold to Taylor Wimpey who will soon commence the build of around 420 homes on the site.
This means from Sunday 28 May Wharf Road Car Park will no longer be available. There are, however, many alternatives.
The nearest car parks to the Essex Record Office are as follows:
· Baddow Road CM2 7PJ long / short stay 344 spaces
· Meadows Surface CM2 6FD short stay 250 spaces
· Q-Parks Meadows CM2 0DG long / short stay multi storey 454 spaces
o We have arranged discounts for this car park – please follow the link below for details
· Meadows Retail CM2 6LU short stay multi storey 391 spaces
· Euro Car Park CM2 6JX short stay
Park and Ride is also available at the following locations (we are a short walk from the Parkway bus stop):
· Chelmer Valley CM3 3PR 1003 spaces
· Sandon CM2 7RU 1500 spaces
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to yourself and other visitors to the Essex Record Office but as this is a Chelmsford City Council owned site we have no control over its operation.
Should you require any further assistance please contact our Conference Centre Team on 033301 32501 or by email at email@example.com
Marketing Manager - Essex Record Office